Steps After Registering with Nifty over Fifty
- Complete your registration with a username and password.
- When you receive your activation email, activate your account by clicking on the link. If you do not see your activation email check your junk / spam folder as sometimes these types of emails are incorrectly placed into the wrong folder by email providers.
- Once your account has been activated then login with your username and password. Select ‘forgotten password’ if you need to.
- When you have logged in, go to your Profile by clicking on the circle with the head and shoulders icon located at the top of your screen to access the drop-down members menu. When you add your picture to your profile your picture will appear in this circle instead of the icon.
- Add your Profile information to your ‘About Me’ tab so other members can get to know you. The Bio that you write here will appear at the bottom of your posts.
- This Profile area is also where you can see notifications and also send and receive private messages to/from members.
Now You Are Ready to Make Your First Post
- Click on the black ‘Compose’ Button located in the top right hand corner on a desktop or laptop computer to start blogging.
- On a tablet, ipad or mobile phone (which all have smaller screens) additional menu items and the ‘Compose’ button are accessed via the drop-down burger menu, which is signified by 3 horizontal lines on the top left of your screen.
- Now make your selection of either Story, Quiz or List.
Not Sure What to Write? Try these Suggestions to Get Started.
– A story post of around 200 to 500 words about your passion, what you love to do or share something memorable that you have done or achieved.
– Lists can be a great way to get started. Make a list-based post (listicle) about:
- favourite things that you like to do in your spare time
- favourite places you have been or would like to go to
- 10 best things to do where you live – visitors always love top tips from locals
9 Tips for Creating Your Posts
Tip 1: Create a catchy headline that is intriguing and makes people want to read more.
Try using active, strong, descriptive verbs combined with your key topic words.
Tip 2: When making a list-based post create a numbered headline, for example:
– 9 Places I Want to Visit in 2019 Can You Help?
Tips 3: Try starting with a working title which helps provide direction and focus for your post and then when you are finished writing go back and decide on your final headline.
Tip 4: Use your experience, knowledge and expertise to create a “How to …” or “5 Ways to…” type of post.
Tip 5: Think about writing a captivating introduction to grab your readers attention. Possibilities include: a story, witty joke, quote, or interesting fact or statistic. Then briefly describe the purpose of your post. For example, the purpose of your post may simply be to explain why you have decided on the 9 places you want to visit in 2019, your research so far and to ask for feedback and tips from other members.
Tip 6: Think about how you might break up your post into logical sections and possibly sub-sections if you are going to go into more detail. This will help your post flow nicely and make it easier to read and digest the information. Avoid large paragraphs and big blocks of text which can be daunting to a reader. Lots of white space is very user friendly.
Tip 7: Consider the best order for the points you would like to cover.
Tip 8: Proof read your post and check for spelling and grammatical errors.
Tip 9: Draft your post in word, notepad or a similar program. Then you can easily copy and paste your text into the Story, List or Quiz page. Sometimes pasting text brings formatting with it from the originating program so it is best to ‘paste as plain text’ to avoid formatting issues.
Now you’re all ready to go!
Go ahead and make your first post, experiment, share, comment, vote, post reactions and make new friends.
Have fun and remember to use the share buttons for facebook, twitter, pinterest and linkedin to share posts with your friends.