LAST UPDATED 24 JANUARY 2019
You can find information about what we do with your personal data here.
a) “We”, “us”, “our” means MFM Innovations ABN 59 228 619 021. Our contact details are: email@example.com
c) “Service”, “Services”, “Website”, the “Site”, “Nifty over Fifty” refers to our website, online and/or mobile services together with any related subsites, sub-domains, mobile and software applications, services, features and/or content associated therewith.
c) “Advertisers” means businesses or organisations who advertise or promote their business on our Services.
MFM Innovations (niftyoverfifty.com) collects as little personal information as necessary. We will not sell or rent your name or personal information to any third party. We do not sell, rent or provide outside access to our mailing list or any data we store. Any data that a user stores via our facilities is wholly owned by that user or business. At any time a user or business is free to unsubscribe and leave, or to simply delete their account from our facilities.
Nifty over Fifty only collects such personal information that is necessary for you to access and use our services. This personal information includes, but is not limited to, first and last name, physical address, zip code, email address, IP address, phone number, birth date, credit card information, financial information, license activation URLs, and other necessary personal information.
If you have questions about this privacy notice you can get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
About this privacy notice.
This privacy notice tells you how Nifty over Fifty collects and processes information that may identify you (personal data) when you use our sites and apps, sign in as a user, buy products or services, or interact with us in other ways. We may show you other privacy notices when we collect or share your personal data and this privacy notice is in addition to those.
Personal information about visitors to our site is collected or stored to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws.
We may collect the following information about you:
- Information that directly identifies you. This may include your name, address, email address, username and password.
- Information that indirectly identifies you. We automatically receive and record information from your device or web browser when you interact with our sites and apps, for example your internet protocol (IP) address, mobile device ID, time zone setting, location data, language preference, operating system, platform, and links you have clicked on or shared with others, including through email and social media. We may also create a user ID that may similarly indirectly identify you. We may use this information to collect data about your activities on our sites and apps and on third-party sites, apps and platforms, such as Facebook. We may associate information that indirectly identifies you with your user account (if you have one) and other information we have collected about you.
- Location data. We may collect geo-data, which tells us where you are, when we collect other information about you. We may also collect the language option or country you choose. We may link location data to other information we have collected about you.
- Profile data. This may include your username and password and other information you give us (if you are a registered user), information you give us in connection with purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses. Profile data you enter in your account profile (if you are a registered user), including your username may be shown to other users to facilitate user interaction on our sites and apps. We do not disclose email addresses to other users.
- Marketing and communications data. This may include information about your subscriptions to newsletters and your marketing preferences.
- Transaction and financial data. We may collect or receive transactional and financial information relating to you when you buy something through our sites and apps (for example payment details) or because you have bought something from a third party after clicking on an affiliate link in our content.
- Special category data. When we conduct research or carry out surveys we may collect sensitive personal data about you, for example information about your racial or country of origin. We will not use or share this information without your explicit consent.
- We aggregate personal data we collect, such as the number and frequency of your visits to our sites and apps, to produce metrics and statistical information. We may share this data with third parties.
- We share aggregated, anonymised, information with our ad partners and service providers so that we, and they, can understand how people use our sites and apps; this helps us grow our business and improve and develop our products and services. These third parties may share with us information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
- We combine information about you with information about other users to create audience segments of aggregated data, for example, statistical, demographic and usage data. If we combine or connect aggregated data with personal data we treat the combined data as personal data and deal with it in accordance with this privacy notice.
How we collect personal data
- You may give us your personal data directly, for example when you create a user account, fund us by donation, or support us by paying for a subscription, buy products or services, subscribe to our newsletters, opt in to marketing, publish posts or comments, enter a competition, participate in a promotion or survey, ask for user support, or contact us for any reason.
- We automatically collect personal data when you interact with our sites and apps. We collect information about your devices and browsing actions and interests by using cookies and similar technologies. *
- Third parties who provide advertising and related services may give us your personal data, these including analytics providers and ad networks.
- We may receive your personal data from third parties when you buy things through our sites and apps or when you buy things from a third party after clicking on an affiliate link in our content. This information may include your contact details and financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- If you access our sites and apps using your Facebook credentials, we will automatically collect certain information, such as your name, picture, and email address. We will use all information available through Facebook, including the user ID Facebook attributes to you, in accordance with Facebook’s policies and your preferences selected through Facebook.
By registering or authenticating, Users allow this site to identify them and give them access to dedicated services.
Third Party Vendors We Use
The following information may be collected through your device and browser:
- your device’s IP address (collected and stored in an anonymised format)
- device screen size
- device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information
- geographic location (country only)
- preferred language used to display the web page
Nifty over Fifty uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using Google’s Ad Settings page. Users can completely block Google Analytics tracking using Google’s Opt-out browser add-on.
INTERACTION WITH EXTERNAL SOCIAL NETWORKS AND PLATFORMS
FACEBOOK – Nifty over Fifty uses Facebook advertising and re-targeting. Cookies and pixels are used to understand and deliver ads and make them more relevant to you. We may also use a cookie to learn whether someone who saw an ad on Facebook later visited our website. Your personally identifiable information is not used by any re-marketing service other than to present you offers from the Site. Opt-out of Facebook re-marketing here.
CONTACT FORM – We use a Contact Form plugin to manage contact form submissions which are sent via the form as an email message, the information is also stored in our database.
CLOUDFLARE – Nifty over Fifty uses Cloudflare for website security and caching. Any personal information obtained by Cloudflare is not shared with any third parties.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
AMP content is created from the common content but it is not automatically displayed to users when they visit from a mobile device. That is handled by AMP consumers such as Google Search. For more details, see the AMP Project FAQ
COOKIES – A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookies. The information gathered relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
(c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac (Safari); and
(f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this Site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you make a purchase from niftyoverfifty.com the Site may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Site, which are detailed herein. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This may be amended from time to time in the Site’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganisation proceeding brought by or against us.
- We share your personal data with third parties who process your data on our behalf when they provide services to us, for example data analytics, ad networks, research, marketing and financial services.
- We may share your personal data with third parties who use it for their own purposes if you have provided consent.
- You share your personal data with third parties when you publish content including articles, comments and reviews on our sites and apps.
- If we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business, or if we buy or merge with another business we may share your personal data. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data as set out in this privacy notice.
- We may be legally required to disclose or share your personal data without your consent in some circumstances, for example to comply with a court order or law enforcement.
We may use your personal data to help us decide which products, services and offers may be of interest to you. We will send marketing messages to you if you have asked us to send you information, bought goods or services from us, or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages we will not send them to you. We will ask for your consent before we share your personal data with any third party.
You may unsubscribe from marketing messages through a link we include on messages we send you. You can also ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Use of Information
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. This account information is stored indefinitely.
Nifty over Fifty stores customer purchase records indefinitely. This is so that we have access to customer account information in case problems or questions arise regarding past or future purchases.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Additional rights of EEA (European Economic Area) residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
(i) access your personal data
(ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data
(iii) the right to have us delete your personal data
(iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
(v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to email@example.com
Sale of business or assets
In the event that the Site or substantially all of its assets is sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, the information we have collected about you may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction.
Questions or concerns
Changes to this privacy notice.